Motion Graphics

Home/Motion Graphics
Permalink Gallery

Roll The Dice Animation.

Roll The Dice Animation.

 

A kinetic typography animation of the final scene of the film Factotum.

The final scene of the film involves a rendition of the Poem “Roll The Dice” by Charles Bukowski. I used the audio from the film to create a kinetic typography animation.

Kinetic typography created in After effects using type monkey.

Permalink Gallery

Loaded Post Production Intro Video

Loaded Post Production Intro Video

,

The crew over at loaded post productions required something to jazz up there website something that caught the mise en scéne. In other words they need a video to improve the website. I used the videohive file Super 35. This is an unbelievable high quality motion graphic. I used this for two reasons. 1. I wanted to  see how the visuals were achieved and 2. It was a quick cost effective option for this project.

Designing my own would of taken a lot more time.I estimate to achieve a video of similar quality from scratch assuming all shots and animations had to be done from scratch. I would estimate that this would take more then 300 hours of work.

This animation took me around 30 hours. I had to story board the idea and consult with the clients over what videos/images and text to use. Then get all required assets and input them into the composition. Simple as that.

If I designed the idea from scratch there would of been endless meetings developing ideas, followed by drafts of ideas and ideas rejected. Followed by reviews and revisions ending in a final version months down the line. This process is quite rewarding but time consuming and costly to the client. Time is money.

From a designer point of view it is a nice headache free way of making money. Also I can psend time on my own projects and creating videohive files of my very own. I am thinking of starting a videohive customization service.

WATCH THIS SPACE

 

Permalink Gallery

How we do what we do. Adsmart and Printsmart.

How we do what we do. Adsmart and Printsmart.

Adsmart a marketing company, required a video explaining their process visa vie customer experience. They had the entire process mapped out. I was handed all grpahic and text elements before I started work. I simply had to create motion graphics and elements for the process, animate said elements and create a composition based on those elements. I took A little bit of creative liscence with the start and the endings of each piece.

As part of the project a second composition was produced for adsmarts sister company Printsmart.  The project was very similar to the adsmart project with different text graphic elements and Branding to match the sister company. The projects while very similar took about the same amount of time. The same work had to be completed for each piece. While they where two seperate projects of equal length they are included here together as they are are very similar looking pieces.

[vimeo id=”52915348″ width=”600″ height=”350″]

The two projects involved very little guess work as the company had a clear vision going into the project. It is a joy to work with professionals who know what they want and are willing to say yes.

Permalink Gallery

Introductory video, Adsmart

Introductory video, Adsmart

,

The project was to create a introductory Video for the company website. The company wanted to use a template from videohive.net, they decided on the white board template. My job was to help them incorporate their message and their company branding into the template.

At time fo writing the Video is cyrrently on adsmart’s homepage.

At the initial kick start meeting, the marketing department of adsmart outlined there ideas. We spoke candidly about the message and the purpose of the video. In our next meeting I showed them different ideas I had for the video. I showed them several different templates on Videohive.net. After much deliberation they decide on the whiteboard template.

The marketing department at adsmart had a very clear idea of what they wanted the video to say. they showed me what text they wanted and where they wantted the text to be placed,  then I went to work.

The Job from then on was relatively simple. I simple replaced the text to adsmarts specifications and then incorporated the companies color scheme into the piece.  I felt the ending lacked a little something so i added my own touch.

In summary this was a simple piece from my point of view as it was mainly someone else’s work. I felt the client was happy at the relative low cost of the work and the short period of time it took to complete the work.

This second part of the process was to repeat the process above for a sister company called printsmart.

Its the same videohive template with a different style and different text.

[vimeo id=”52861369″ width=”600″ height=”350″]

At the time of writing it is currently on the Printsmart Homepage.